12.08.2009

my favorite 3D star

hey guys,
I'd like to share my favorite 3Dstar project. A 5 pointed star I mean.
the one point cutting file is HERE

you make 5 of that...score&fold following this picture


glue tabs using a heat gluegun...it's the easiest way... because after gluing..... each point is mounted&finished letting you glue the next one.When all 5 are finished you glue one by one paying attention to fit all at the center of the star.When you are going to glue the last point you can attach a red string loop...inside that point so when the star is finished you can hang it on your Xmas tree...or front door.
To finish it well I've used a golden or red silk string covering the "joints" and finishing with a fancy button over the star's center .






Another suggestion is making each point in a size that matches your Cuttlebug embossing folder or Sizzix or Spellbinders or Bosskut or Quickutz....(NO AFFILIATION)....... embossing plate...painting them in a different color...
If you use Tim Holtz's grunge paper(NO AFFILIATION!!!) you can follow that guy directions in order to make awesome Xmas 3Dstars:
                                      
                                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vutIjVOFBeo


PS: I'm so sorry...after looking for almost one hour on my Mac HD here I couldn't find the picture of real stars to upload on here. Too bad!
I made them 6 years ago to the hospital Xmas decoration when I didn't have any electronic cut-machine.

3 comments:

  1. Oh this is wonderful! Thank you so much
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Blog Cutting Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 08 Dec [LA 02:00pm, NY 05:00pm, UK 10:00pm] - 09 Dec [OZ 09:00am]).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Christmas post on Dec. 09, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete